The 1400m Open Water Event
The 1400m course is from the Middle Brighton Pier, around the Royal Brighton Yacht Club marina and breakwater, to the beach in front of the Royal Brighton Yacht Club.
The pier, and the walkways provide excellent spectator viewing. Food stalls will be provided on the lawns adjoining the pier and baths. Change tents and gear storage are next to the side of the Yacht Club, near the Pier. A rinse-down shower will be provided on the beach
The open water swims comprise male and female age divisions and an Open Division (any age can enter).
Swimmers will receive an event T Shirt, colour-coded swim cap and a sports bar. At the finish, swimmers will receive water and fruit.
- Registration Desk (for 1400m event) opens 9:30 am. Register and collect timing band at least 30 mts prior to each wave start
- Start -Male 30-39 and 40-49 Divisions 11:00 am
- Start -Male 50-59, 60-69 and 70+ Divisions 11:05 am
- Start -Female 30-39 and 40-49 Divisions 11:10. am
- Start -Female 50-59, 60-60 and 70+ Divisions 11:15 am
- Start -Junior Male and Female Divisions 11:20 am
- Start -Open/18-29 Male and Female Divisions 30-39. 11:25 am
- Age Divisions Awards Presentations. Noon (Approx)
- Open Divisions Awards Presentations. 12:10 (Approx)
For detailed Swim Instructions, click here.