The spirit of friendly competition should be maintained throughout the event. Any unsportsmanlike conduct will be grounds for immediate disqualification. Decisions of the event officials are final and not subject to appeal.
- No extraneous aids are allowed. This includes, but is not limited to fins, boards, snorkels, flotation gear and personal support teams
- Wetsuits are recommended
- Goggles are not mandatory, but are recommended
- Swimmers will be required to have an official mark and race number on their arm, which must remain on the individual throughout the event. No swimmer shall be recorded as a finisher unless they are wearing the timing band and number on their arms
- Swimmers are required to wear the official colour-coded swim cap provided on registration
- Organisers reserve the right to accept, reject or cancel entries
- Swimmers must swim the course as marked and described on the course map. Any variations to the course will be announced at the start
- Protests must be made in writing and given to the Race Director within fifteen minutes of the announcement of the provisional results. All decisions of the Race Director will be final
- No personal escorts except for the Multisport event. (Trained lifesavers in attendance)
- Lifesavers and race officials shall have the ultimate and final authority to remove a competitor from the race if the competitor is judged to be physically incapable of continuing the race without the risk of injury
- The organisers reserve the right, following advice from Brighton Lifesavers to modify certain swim courses in the event of adverse wave and wind conditions.
- In the event of adverse weather or water quality conditions, making it unsafe to conduct the event the organisers will endeavour to defer GADS to an alternative date to be announced.
- Entry payments will be non-refundable